- I was hit by a hit-and-run driver. The driver was not found.
- I had a wonderful 50th birthday party put on by my dear friends.
- I interviewed the next day by flying out to the west coast and withstood a 10 hour interview process.
- I did not get the job, as they wanted someone local and not as expensive.
- I found out my car was totaled. And my insurance company totally screwed me over.
- I went ahead and bought the gorgeous SUV I put a deposit on.
- I started a 'survival job' in sales. Four weeks in, 100 miles on my SUV a day, and I have received ZIP in commission. Nada.
- I interviewed down south, and they have made an attractive offer. If details can be worked out, the kitties and I will be in a little slice of paradise near the beach. I have found some place I want to live, discussed breaking my lease, and other logistics. Now if we can work final details out...
- My 17 year old cat had to emergency surgery. Two weeks later, she is at the vet's tonight, she has to have a repeat of the surgery.
- I have been in physical therapy for a painful and tenacious achilles tendon injury on my right foot. I fell taking the trash to the dumpster (and had to dumpster dive in a FULL dumpster when I accidentally threw my keys in said dumpster). I sprained my ankle and broke my foot. Now I have PT for the other leg.
- I have had a major illness flare.
- Two of my dearest friends are getting married.
- A friend I have only met via FaceTime will be visiting from Australia.
Monday, June 10, 2019
Oh what a whirlwind it has been! To catch you all up:
I could go on, but you get the idea. What does this have to do with my hoarding mother you ask? Everything. And nothing. She has lived in the same place and risks NOTHING. I have learned from her, and I do not want to spend time just trudging through life only to reach the end and think 'what if'. I want to live, really live, all of it. Take the risks, and focus on experiences and that I care about. And I do, and I will.